Sunday, February 16, 2020

The Beginning...

I'm so nervous! My class and I are starting our film opening project. These next couple of months for me are jam-packed, but I just need to put in the time and effort so I can create an opening that I will be happy with.

First, I need to decide the genre of my film opening. I want to base my film around a feeling or theme that I know; something I can relate to. That would be easier to produce, but I also like when my work reflects and expresses how I feel. I'm thinking of indulging in the drama genre. More specifically, I'm thinking about teen drama. I'm afraid of looking too cliche and unoriginal, but any ideas that come to mind mirror my teenage mentality. I can't help it! I also really want to make my opening about teenage feelings, it's just what I see in my head when I think about this project. I just need to come up with an idea that doesn't seem as cliche and typical. Something that will make it different from the films out there. That's gonna be difficult... But that's life, right?

Teen dramas are typically based on real-life teenage experiences and lessons, like bullying, peer pressure, relationships, and more. Because teenagers are known to be dramatic, dramas are highly emotional and exaggerated.

Teen dramas usually take place in school or around school, since they depict teenage life. Other aspects of mise-en-scene like costume design and lighting are tailored to fit the lifestyle and culture of the teenage scene. Protagonists are depicted as "losers" or individuals cast out from the popular group and big crowds in general.






https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/movie-genres-list/#drama-genre
https://www.slideshare.net/mediaa297/codes-and-conventions-teen-drama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

This is my last post for this portfolio project! I'm very relieved, but also sad. I spent all day working on this video, and I hope you ...