Monday, March 30, 2020

New Shot List and Script!

Happy Monday!

I know. Maybe it's a not-so-happy Monday.

Mondays suck, but I'm trying to look on the bright side of things!

Today, Spring Break is officially over. My school has started "Distance Learning," which I'm hoping will work out well for me. I honestly prefer being at home, having the whole day to do my work. I will miss the social interactions with my teachers, honestly. I look forward to going to most of my classes because my teachers are genuinely great people. Most of my teachers are really funny and fun in class. I'm sad about that, but I think "Distance Learning" is better suited for me, so I'm looking forward to it and maintaining an efficient schedule.

SO...

I've worked on a lot of things since my last blog post. I decided to split up my list into two blog posts (for the sake of it being too much to scroll through). 

First things first, I updated my shot list. I will not lie, I rewrote my shot list at 2 AM. I'm not sure if it was because my creative juices were flowing or because I was stressing out about wanting, needing to update it. Here it is:









After I finished editing my shot list, I created a script. The script was more so for my actors, who are my family members. The main character is being played by my generous brother, and my mother has a role in the opening as well. My dad and I are voice actors! I had to make do with what was available to me since my community is in quarantine. Pretty much the whole world is in quarantine! So here is the script I wrote up using Celtx:






The process of editing my shot list was quite extensive, and may I admit, a bit difficult. The way I attacked the situation was by creating a basis: What standard shots and dialogue do I need to represent the story? Once I covered the groundwork, I incorporated creative techniques, like specific camera movements and transitions, to spice up my project. I had to think critically, basically rerunning the project in my head in hopes of "seeing" a smooth layout. And being creative? Phew! Haha! 

I'll create my next blog post later this week. Stay safe and healthy! Wash your hands and stay inside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

This is my last post for this portfolio project! I'm very relieved, but also sad. I spent all day working on this video, and I hope you ...