Thursday, April 2, 2020

Filming Day

The production process is over!

Last weekend, I filmed my project with the help of my family as actors. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of us during production. I'm a one-woman crew and my family was all over the place anyway, so it was hard to get everyone together! My mom was cooking dinner and my dad and brother were playing video games. I was focused on finishing production, so I never asked anyone to take a picture, haha!

Everything went smoothly, though. Filming mainly took place in my parents' bathroom. 



My only concern is having grainy footage because I wanted to use natural lighting. I don't have any supplies to properly light my bathroom, and the light in the bathroom is yellow and not at all what I was trying to go for. I tried to tape a blue shirt over the light on the ceiling, but the light wasn't strong enough. I also thought about using a big flashlight, but I don't have one! So, I used my phone's flashlight and put a blue-colored piece of tape over it. It wasn't very strong and doesn't come out that well on camera. I'm a little disappointed about it, to be honest. I think it could still work, though. I, unfortunately, can't refilm it because I ran out of the supplies I need for the bathtub scene. In this scene, my brother has red food coloring on his white shirt acting as blood, but I ran out of food coloring.

The reason why I ran out of food coloring is because I had to refilm the opening shot of my brother riding his skateboard down the street. I used up all the red food coloring, and I hadn't thought about the option to refilm the bathtub scene. Anyway, I reshot the skateboard scene because I didn't like the framing of the original shot. I rode in the trunk of my dad's car with the trunk door open to get a smooth tracking shot. I really like how the shot came out the second time around!

Time to move on to the post-production process! Let's see how it goes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

This is my last post for this portfolio project! I'm very relieved, but also sad. I spent all day working on this video, and I hope you ...