Friday, March 20, 2020

Bump in the Road

So, this past week on Tuesday was filming day. Production went smoothly, but I could tell I was a bit uncomfortable with how the shots were coming out, mainly because of lighting. When I imported my footage and started editing, I wasn't very happy with what I was putting together. My opening ended up being 40 seconds, and I didn't let any of my shots breathe.

Filming Day
Filming Day


Although my actors did a great job, I just didn't prepare enough shots for a 2 minute film opening. I liked my shot list, but I didn't let the project breathe and everything moved very quickly. I was really disappointed in myself, I felt embarrassed even opening my project on Premiere Pro. There's high expectations and standards to meet, to be honest. 

So...last night I rewrote my entire project. I deleted my entire shot list and started from scratch. 



I'm looking to see if my actors and I can regroup today and film once again. I'm going to continue looking at my shot list and make any necessary adjustments. As I've said many times before, we'll see how this goes! Gotta keep my head up. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job adapting to all of this stuff that is going on! This is wonderful preparation for all of the adaptation that you will need to do within this field.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Critical Reflection

This is my last post for this portfolio project! I'm very relieved, but also sad. I spent all day working on this video, and I hope you ...