Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Group Meeting

Soooo...

Today in class, Mrs. Stoklosa put us in groups so we could get opinions and critiques on how our projects are coming along. We looked at each other's blog posts and went over our film opening ideas. We were supposed to ask each other for opinions and input on any gray areas in our projects so far. We also talked about our blogs and made sure everything looked good!

While talking with my classmates Santiago, Andres, Lucia, and Mason, I jotted down some bullet points of what they said:
  • Main character dress up in tie dye
  • Blue and pink tones are cheesy
  • Not accomplish what I’m going for
  • Grey and white clothing for the boyfriend and girl #2
  • Storyboard isn’t mandatory but might be a good idea to create
My main question was about the Boyfriend and Girl #2 characters. As I mentioned in past posts, I am confused about the costume design for these characters. I want them to represent the main character's confusion between heterosexuality and homosexuality. 

Lucia and Mason said I could have them dressed up in various colors, like a tie-dye theme. Mason said to do something with rainbow colors, but that might be a little cheesy. The group agreed that having Boyfriend dress in blue and Girl #2 dress in pink would be way too cheesy and quite basic. They thought I would not be able to accomplish the message I'm trying to get across with the blue and pink costume design. Another idea Mason had was to dress them in monochrome, so grays, whites, and blacks.

I also made a list of bullet points in my previous post for things I am hoping to accomplish this week. One of the bullet points was to create a storyboard, if it is necessary. So they also told me that creating a storyboard is not mandatory, but they think it would be a good idea to make. For me, I'm a shot list type of person. Once I have the perfect idea for shots, I don't forget them even after I make my shot list. Storyboards are useful, but my ideas get lost in translation when I try drawing them out. If I have time this week to create one, I will try to.

Their ideas for their film openings are really interesting! I can't wait to see how they come out, they have creative ideas. I'm intimidated! I hope my opening will be as cool as theirs to be honest... ツ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

This is my last post for this portfolio project! I'm very relieved, but also sad. I spent all day working on this video, and I hope you ...