Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Title Choices

From my last update, I was unsure if I'd be heading out to D.C. this week for my TV competition. Well, right now I'm typing from the airport because the convention is still on!

This post will be about choosing a title for my film opening. I think I have most of my project ready to start production when I get back from Washington D.C., but I still need to actually name my film!

Here are a few options for the title:
  • Confused
  • Dazed and Confused
  • Yes No Maybe
  • Burnin' For You
  • Hurts So Good
  • Rosanna
  • Jack and Diane
  • Bad Moon Rising
  • Octopus's Garden
I went through names of older rock songs for inspiration because I want my film to carry the vintage aesthetic in modern times. While I like the title "Yes No Maybe," I really like the idea of naming my film after an old rock song. It will be somewhat important for the project, but it's also for me because I think it will be fun!

I think I'm going to go with...

OCTOPUS'S GARDEN!

If you look at the lyrics for The Beatles song, I think it can be related to my project's theme.

"I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus' garden in the shade...
We would be warm below the storm
In our little hideaway beneath the waves
Resting our head on the sea bed"


I've been doing research to see if I can get permission to use the actual song, but sadly I've been hitting walls. I don't think I'll be able to use it, but I have to do my research on the soundtrack for my project. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

This is my last post for this portfolio project! I'm very relieved, but also sad. I spent all day working on this video, and I hope you ...